We got accepted into the Shared Risk program - woohoo! That lifts a lot of pressure off having the first cycle work, although it would be great if it does.
Of course with that we also have to get the fee paid at least 2 weeks before we begin. Funny how they call it a fee cos I think of fee as being a small price; they should call it what it is - a huge ass lump sum kick in the face cos you can't get pregnant the normal way. Ahem...so since I can't predict the future and know when I'll start my next cycle we've gone ahead and plonked down $17,900. Thank goodness for 0% interest credit cards to keep us on schedule until the refinancing is done.
Its also getting to be tax time. I was really hoping for a nice chunk of change, but after doing a very quick estimate yesterday we may actually owe money. This could be very bad. I refuse to worry about it just yet until I have time to sit down and figure out how much we can deduct for medical expenses last year. Andrew will have to be locked in another room so as not to irritate the piss out of me because I can't control our taxes...urgh.
As a side note I figured up what my 2nd laparoscopy cost the insurance company. The RE charged $2500 and the hospital charged $13000, $15000 total... much cheaper than the first one and a much better job!
So there ya have it, first IVF bill paid. Just waiting for AF.
No comments:
Post a Comment