Friday, October 09, 2009

Pictures & Updates

Ultrasound #2 on September 25th (9w6d)





Ultrasound #3 on October 9th (11w6d)






Twin A Profile on October 9th (11w6d)






Twin B Profile on October 9th (11w6d)




Everyone has been so happy for us and its starting to feel real. It is always such a relief to hear those heartbeats.

During the 8th & 9th week I've been coping with a little cold that has kept me coughing a lot; It started to ease up once we headed into the 10th week. Sleep has been a must for me and my certain body parts are just so sore it hurts to move...bloating makes me look huge by the evening but I don't mind. Around the 10th week nausea is still hanging around but has eased up a teeny little bit. I'm weaning off some other meds and hope the withdrawal symptoms will stop soon. (that has been the hardest thing so far!)

Ultrasound #2 on 9/25/09 - Both babies are still hanging in there and looking beautiful! We are so happy Dr. Teaff let us video the whole thing, its going to be so special to watch those movies over & over again. The twins were both wiggling around and pumping those little hearts! Twin A measured 2.9 cm and Twin B measured 2.7 cm and they both had heart rates between 169-179 since they had been dancing. We saw the umbilical cords too. Dr. Teaff has been amazing through our entire journey and gave us a hug before leaving and insisted we send her updates of belly pics and baby pics! She is genuinely happy for us - we must have been a memorable & difficult case. I'm certain she has been the 'guru' I have had dreams about for many years. I really will miss her and would recommend her and REACH to anyone with infertility problems. Seeing the twins actually moving has been a real eye opener and makes pregnancy actually real.

Ultrasound #3 on 10/09/09 - The NT Scan was today at a different specialist clinic in Charlotte. The pictures on the screen were very clear and crisp; even though they wouldn't allow us to video any of it we really enjoyed watching them move around a lot more. And they look like people now, finally! :) The NT measurements were perfectly normal and each had heartbeats around 170 and measured at 4.85 cm each. My due date is set for April 24th, but with all of my recent reading about twins I fully expect to have 2 screaming children in our house before the end of March - that is 5 months away!

We also scheduled the anatomy ultrasound in 6 weeks, holy cow! Then we'll really start the shopping spree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH!! I've been dying for an update!! So glad to hear everyone is happy & healthy!! LOVE the pics of your twinkies!!! Can NOT believe you are 6 weeks away from knowing thier genders. :) :) :) And, I bet they'll be born close-ish to K... which is really cool, I think. LOL! Thinking about you all the time!!! (((((((((((H&J))))))))))) - R. :)