Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catching up before the big announcement.

Appointment for Ultrasound #6 and Glucose testing with Dr. Richardson (OB/Gyn) 02/01/10 - 28w2d

We managed to get to the Dr. appointment after a weekend of 10.5 inches of snow! We had an u/s and both babies are doing really well. They had completely switched positions again. Little Girl has moved to my left side and had a 138 bpm heartbeat. She’s weighing 2lbs 13oz. Little Boy had moved around to my right side, they both have their butts sticking right into my ribs and their feet next to their heads. His heartrate was 140 bpm and weighing in at 2lbs 11oz. The ultrasound pics are getting harder to make out since both babies are getting bigger. I was quite surprised at how much they’ve grown in a month – but so has my belly. The previa is still there but considered ‘marginal’. So, I’m thinking there are some discrepancies between the u/s techs. Either way I’m still to take it easy. The glucose drink was punch flavored and not bad; my only problem was lying down for 40 minutes afterwards for the ultrasound. I got horrible indigestion and then started feeling sick and wobbly near the end of our appointment. I hope we don’t have to do that again. Since everything is still going very well my next appointment is in two weeks instead of one. I’m also measuring 37 weeks!!

Weeks 28-29:
I measured 37 weeks at my 28w2d appointment. No wonder I have started to feel miserable and having several crying spells. My latest odd sensation is feeling like I’ve been kicked in the crotch, aka my pubic bone is relaxing & separating for delivery. It was a sudden onset of the pain but it is very common and not much can be done about it. Too bad the babies don’t know they’re not coming out that way! I still love feeling them squirm and move and will surely miss the feeling; but I’m ready to be able to breathe again.

No comments: