May Day Biathlon
Another 5K run done... Sunday Morning start time 8:00 am.
This early morning start time also meant an early morning wake time, 6:30 am. I think that was the hardest part of the run!
No energy drinks this time, also I hadn't ran since the last 5K so I knew it would be tough. It was drizzling rain when we arrived but luckily it cleared up just before the start. We got registered and attached our chip, did some stretching and lined up at the very back.
We were behind an older 'fluffy' guy with THE best, skin-tight, bright blue unitard. Wowee what a sight! As the race started I could feel my knees start to hurt then go numb. We ran a portion of the race with a bloke called Jeff, 69 years old, he'd been running for over 25 years. He eventually went on to beat us...but he was a nice chirpy fella. The course was pretty flat with only one small gradual hill. I would have done well if I had been training! Urgh, I had to walk twice but only for a short distance. Towards the end Andrew gave me a push, literally, and while that helped me move a bit quicker it also pissed up my knees and then tears came. I'm sure I looked *wonderful* for the finishing pic. A rather emotional run, but still glad I did it. Its given me more motivation to keep going.
Most of the group went on to do a 10K bike race as well. So we didn't really hang around to wait on them. Although we should have cos later we found out our time 33:42/33:43 one us both a trophy!! But we can't collect it after the day.
We left the race to do some shopping, and have a Hardees breakfast. Mmm...biscuits & gravy.
No comments:
Post a Comment