Monday, December 24, 2007

Lupron symptoms & update

I've not updated on all of my lovely Lupron symptoms so figured I should just to have a record of it, and incase others on the net need to know its not just them going insane.

I've had a LOT of side effects but all with varying degrees. I'm keeping a record of everything that could be Lupron related on a calendar. The main side effects are strong headaches and mood swings. Andrew has really had to put up with a lot of cursing and information overload from me... but he's been very understanding and I am super grateful.

I've experienced insomnia and hot flashes/night sweats many nights with the resulting fatigue the next day. A couple mornings of crying within 5 minutes of being awake from the lack of sleep. A definite decrease in libido, a messed up stomach (which could be from poorly cooked food at parties), freaking psychotic dreams, forgetfulness... seriously I just feel spaced out some days. There is a significant amount of apathy towards a lot of things. I've also noticed my leg muscles twitch more often - a very odd sensation.

Despite all of those side effects there is one that I am LOVING so far. Weight loss! I've lost roughly 4 pounds over 3 weeks without any effort. This could be due to eating slightly healthier and the bloat from the cysts that were removed has finally left. Either way, I'll take it :)

Andrew & I have also started drinking Pau D'Arco tea. Its pretty nasty unless you add honey, but we both are feeling better. www.pau-d-arco.com The more research I do about it and the potential is has for myself (and the Captain too) is great. Since endometriosis pain is a result of inflammation from the endo implants and the tea fights inflammation this has been very promising for myself. The tea should also improve my immune system which will allow an embryo to implant - something that isn't easy for endo patients due to the toxic environment in the uterus from endo implant secretions. So cheers!

I'll have my second Lupron injection this coming Saturday then I'll make some appointments for the IVF consult.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas & New Year! Tons of Love :)

No comments: