Weeks 18-19: Sleep is getting more uncomfortable due to the back & hip pain. Indigestion is more of an all day thing now and my belly just keeps on growing! Lots of aches & pains but nothing that has me too concerned yet. If I can handle infertility for 4.5 years I can handle a few months of pain. We both felt the little girl kick & move on Thanksgiving Day - it was so cool to feel a little tap. I can't wait to feel even more. On 12/3/09 I chased up the results for our quad-screen done in Charlotte luckily its all within Normal range!! YAY! This is such a huge relief for both of us. We're so happy!
Weeks 20-21: Week 20 has been the week for feeling real movement from both babies! I am now able to feel the little flutters/bubbles on both sides and can tell when they are awake or sleeping (like Santa). Andrew's voice really gets their attention - which I just love - but he thinks its weird, in a good way, to feel them. This is just what I'd been waiting for since week 4! With all the flutters I've also been having days of just agonizing back/hip pain and a few crying sessions with the realization that I just cannot do as much work around the house as I'm used to. I'll be able to manage as long as I take things very slowly and gently.
Appointment with Dr. Richardson (OB/Gyn) 12/21/09 - 22w2d
I was hoping for an u/s but this was more of a check-up appointment. I'm at 145 lbs now! 20 lbs total already OMG! I'm a little shocked at how quickly the weight has crept on but no-one else seems to be worried about it so I'm OK. I'm also expecting to grow even more quickly now - I'm aching just thinking about it. Both heartbeats were good and in the normal range. I'm measuring 28 weeks now, which is also more than I expected. The Dr went over our quad results just to verify for us 1/10,000 risk, I can handle those odds. We discussed some issues I had over Thanksgiving and from overdoing it this week. He said to drink lots of water, which I'll admit hasn't been my strong point lately, and that if I was concerned enough to be calling him then he'd want us to come in for monitoring anyway. From here on out its a visit every 2 weeks unless there are any major issues.
Weeks 22-23: We had a good 5" of snow to play in for early week 22. I think we got a good couple of belly shots too which I'm pleased with. With preparations for Christmas & playing outside I've overdone it a little and suffered the consequences again. Must drink lots more water and take it very slowly. I'm getting very anxious about any pre-term labor or complications; so far there have been no signs of problems but I'm just being paranoid.
We had a calm Christmas this year as its probably going to be the last one that is so quiet. I can't wait to get more into the Christmas Spirit once the babies are here, I'm sure it will be exhausting & a lot of fun. It would appear that I have kickboxing aliens inside of me now, they are both constantly moving and squirming around. I'm very often giggling to myself at how funny it feels. At night the poor little child that is getting squished kicks up a storm until I roll over, then the other babe starts squirming. Add horrible heartburn, insomnia, and I just cannot sleep at all anymore. I know its practice, but its a hard adjustment. It may be time to give up and move to the recliner.
22 Weeks
1 comment:
Happy New Year Hannah!
Good to read that you and hubby had a lovely Christmas and that your appts are going smoothly too :)
It is so nice reading your updates and I am so excited for you!! Yes, next Christmas will be very different. In a great way!!!
You look very beautiful in that pic! Thanks for sharing.
Love the title for your post! LOL!
Blessings.
Post a Comment