Now for the baby updates:
Appointment for the Anatomy Ultrasound #5 follow-up on 01/04/10 with MFM - 24w2d:
Good appointment today - minus the hour wait. Little Girl's heart beat was 155 and she is weighing 1 lb 8 oz. Little Boy's heart beat was 145 and he's weighing 1 lb 7 oz. Very close in weight which is extremely good. Little Boy's issues are no longer a worry and the Dr was happy to release us with no major problems as far as the babies are concerned. My cervix is still long and closed, although I didn't ask the measurement. The only concern for us now is that I have a complete placenta previa, so I'm on pelvic rest until delivery and modified exercise (HA HA HA) with no heavy lifting, etc. The babies are head-butting one another in my lower right area with their feet kicking every direction in my upper left section. During the u/s they were in constant contact with each other. We are so very happy that everything is well with them...now I just have to take it very easy.
Twin A / Baby Girl

Twin B / Baby Boy

Appointment with Dr. Richardson (OB/Gyn) 01/05/10 - 24w3d:
My weight has gone up to 148 lbs this appointment. We discussed the complete placenta previa and don't really expect it to move or change so there have been some plans put into place. At the first sign of bleeding or contractions (typically around 30 weeks) I will go to the hospital and be given steroids to help mature the babies' lungs. I will stay for 24 hours and then be sent home if bleeding is controlled.
Usually a second bleed will occur, from anytime between that day up to a couple weeks, at which time I'll be hospitalized until delivery. If the second bleeding is not controlled then we have a c-section; if it can be controlled then the third bleeding session will be delivery day.
If for some miraculous reason there are no problems (only a 10% chance of this...and we don't have the best of luck with odds) we have a scheduled c-section for April 9th at 38 weeks. In my opinion there is just no way I can make it that far, but you never know!
He also checked their heartbeats and was promptly kicked directly on the hand and again on the doppler. So cute I just can't stand it! :)
Weeks 24-25: We planned to start Childbirth classes and attended ONE but that hasn't gone so well since we know more than the teacher. I guess that happens when you research every single detail about pregnancy and have dealt with infertility. I will go to a Breastfeeding class though to learn what I can there. I have actually felt OK these two weeks even though they have been extremely busy with scans/appointments/school/vet visits. I was very sad to suddenly lose our cat Zorro to kidney failure but there is no changing it now, he was such a sweet kitty and will be buried along with the other passed pets. Both babies have been kicking a lot and showing their strength. Its very cute and comforting to know they are still OK in there and can keep me happy. No new complaints, just handling all the old ones - indigestion, backache, and having to move like a snail. I can sense a burst of nesting coming on!
Appointment with Dr. Goins (OB/Gyn) 01/19/10 - 26w3d:
We had a very quick appointment, in and out within 45 minutes - a new record! It was a regular appointment checking the belly size, which is now measuring 33 weeks. Weight is 151, so that's 26 lbs of babies. And my blood pressure was 86/44, which is extremely low but apparently no cause of concern to the Dr., although the nurses were a little freaked by it. Boy's heartbeat was 138 bpm and Girl's was 144 bpm.
I've really had it quite good since the last appointment, nothing major going on. Again we had a quick discussion about the previa and can expect some bleeding in the 3rd trimester. He mentioned that we'd need to get to the hospital asap with any significant blood loss and may be able to determine a delivery date from that. Otherwise all is going great. The next appointment, in 2 weeks, will be an u/s to check for their growth, the cervix/previa situation, and my glucose test. After that it will be weekly visits. Time sure is flying!
No comments:
Post a Comment