Sunday, March 18, 2007

Running and Doggie News


I'm really enjoying my running since I started over. On Monday I begin week 7 of the 9 week program I started, and its been great. My rest days have really helped with my knees. I've been doing most of the running on our treadmill, but for my last run I went outside.

I tried to take the dogs with me, down the old road track, then round the track behind the house to the river & Tucker rock (1.8 miles). Only Sophie made it with me the whole trip... love that little girl to bits. I actually made the entire journey without stopping once, even up those huge hills! I was very shocked and proud at the same time, and I'm looking forward to the next run, I'm sure Loaf-monster is too.

As for birthdays, Abbey & Sophie have hit the ripe old doggie ages of 7 and 6. On the 16th, Abbey got several treats and a haircut for her birthday....she looks so much younger and we can tell a big difference in her behaviour when she's been trimmed. I swear we could have made a stuffed replica of her with all the excess hair! She's got a great fringe going on too.

Sophie's birthday, the 17th, was spent chasing rocks down the hill all day....and she got to sleep in the bedroom with us. She was whimpering in the evening, something she NEVER does, so we treated her...seems ok this morning.

And while I'm on doggie news, Lizzie is in full season. She is being pestered to death by Eddie & Boris. Constantly being followed, its enough to even annoy me. I'm really hoping Eddie gets to it this time, he has no more excuses! They are both at the prime age to give us lots of pups.

And in case you're wondering...the cats are all doing fine.

No comments: