Monday, October 29, 2007

A whole new plan

After some whining on here and to the doctor, they managed to get me in for an appointment today - earlier than planned.

I got some new pain pills that should do the trick, I will test them out later tonight. I've had the constant pain for over 2 weeks now with only one or two days where I felt OK. Those seem to occur when I'm not at work & having a happy day.

My cyst is roughly the same (6 x 4.5 cm) and I have another smaller one on my left ovary as well. Dr Teaff said surgery was needed to clean up the cysts, scar tissue and any other endo adhesions that might be there. She classified the endo as Stage 4 due to the size of the endometrioma. I was very pleased with her knowledge of the whole lap process, her techniques, the fact that she's had similar cases to mine recently, she is complimentary of the hospital I will be at in Charlotte, and she just had her re-certification classes on endometriosis. This doc is on the ball! Not like my previous doctor/surgeon.

Andrew and I have also decided, after some research and thinking, that our best option to get pregnant is with IVF. The less number of cycles I am subjected to medicines for ovary stimulation the better....so we'll skip IUI and do IVF instead.

So, the new plan is... get my lap done - around Nov 14th - to clear up the endo, then I'll take Lupron injections to go into a fake menopause (I apologize now Andrew!), once January rolls around and my new insurance starts then we will move on to IVF. We do have a back up plan if the first IVF cycle doesn't work...but I'm not going to mention them because I have to take it one step at a time for now :)


ps. Rachelle you're too sweet! ((H&J))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for plans & back up plans!!
SOO happy for that!!& thanks for the shout out :) :) :) :) - ((H&J))-R. :)