Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
Let's have a review of the Holidays.... Andrew has been so freaking nice to me lately. Its wonderful. We've both been very happy lately and just enjoying ourselves a lot. Maybe too much ?? Nah.
We had Christmas Eve, Day, Boxing Day and the weekend after Christmas to stay at home together. I enjoyed being able to spend time with the family and playing with our new toys. I'd really like to spend a Christmas with the English lot in the next year or so.... I do miss everyone very much during the Holidays.
Normally for Christmas or Birthday gifts Andrew needs a very detailed list of gifts, just to make sure we don't have another Camo trousers incident. :-D So off to Amazon we both went to make wish lists. Bless him, he got everything I had on the list and then some surprises that made me swear! He's just been paying attention to things I say and picks up on comments about me saying 'Oh that'd be nice'
I must say, he did better getting gifts for me this year than I did for him. And his wrapping was adorable. He wrapped all the gifts and then put the bows & tags on the BACK - where the folds and tape shows. Cute.
Anyhow, we both got a great combo of gifts - A carpet cleaner, steam mop, lap desk, AeroGarden, Cross pen, Blackberry Storm, Expresso Maker, a Wii, Gun Case, Posh Ear Defenders, a shavor, and a few other bits & pieces. Rather expensive Christmas, yes... but we've had a crap year.
Also - since I've been commuting 2.5 hours for 3 days a week in the Kia, which lets face it is a crap car. We had said when we first moved here that if one of us worked in Charlotte we'd get a new car....and we did. We traded the Kia for a 2008 Mazda 3 i Touring Value car. This is now my little baby, and I love it. I'm getting used to the manual gears again and this baby should do great with gas mileage and it has an excellent amount of power under the hood. 2.0 L, 148 HP, blah blah blah....its NEW! Never have we owned a brand-freaking-new car! Just 100 miles on it when we got it.
So, things are going well for us at the moment. I have been for further testing about starting our Frozen cycle (this is where the crap news comes in). My cysts are much larger - 8 cm & 5 cm. The RE that did my baseline, not my usual RE, wasn't pleased and would not make decisions to start the meds for my own Dr. A week or so later I'm lying there spread eagle while Dr Teaff and Andrew discuss a book, WTF ? And I'm cramping like a mo-fo getting saline solution pushed thru my uterus. At least all is Normal... that'll be $600 thanks.
I'm now starting my Estrogen patches, which who knows how long I'll be on those... I have a couple more u/s appointments to determine our transfer date, with the assumption our embryo survives the thawing process. PLEASE LET IT SURVIVE!
I'm feeling the old heart strings getting pulled again... we spent some time with a friend's baby yesterday and he is just so perfect. My heart aches to have our own. Everyone around me is pregnant... and I'm so very happy for them, honestly! It really just hurts not knowing when we'll have our own child to hold and teach the wonders of life.
At any rate, I'll update when I get more news about our cycle or if anything else happens.
1 comment:
YAY for a great hubby, a great Christmas & for feeling good in general! And for the new car!!! WOOT! Sure been thinking about you a lot - so glad to hear you've been enjoying things... you deserve it! EVERYTHING crossed for survival of the thaw... KMP! ((((HUGE H&J)))) - R. :)
Post a Comment