Monday, April 21, 2008

The All-Important Fertilization Report !!

I wasn't expecting the call until the afternoon, but I'm glad I don't have to carry my phone around with me all day.

Out of the 14 eggs, 13 were mature...yay! They did ICSI on half and let the others fertilize naturally. We have 9 embryos that fertilized and are doing very well. They won't be looked at again until Wednesday and at that time the Embryo Transfer will be scheduled for Friday.

I'm very pleased to have a good number of babies to work with and probably a few to freeze! :)

I took today off work just to have a break, though I probably could have made it. I told Andrew that I *did* sign a paper about not doing any decision making for 24 hours after the anesthesia, so I'm just following orders.

Andrew has still been amazingly sweet (although he did finally enjoy having a few beers last night). Just the little sweet things he's done lately show he's gonna be a super daddy, awww.

No comments: