Well I knew there was a reason I felt so huge, the ultrasound this morning revealed....
On my right ovary:
I have 23 follicles!!! 10 of those are less than 10mm which means 13 good sized follicles. The cyst is getting bigger - still not enough to worry apparently. I almost fell to the floor when they told me 23, wasn't expecting that many so soon.
On my left ovary:
I have 10 follicles and 3 of those are less than 10mm, giving me 7 good sized follies.
That is 20 decent sized potential eggs to work with. My Estradiol level was 584, which is right on track for where it should be.
I'm taking another 150 IU of Follistim tonight and will probably add the Ganirelix tomorrow night.
The clinic in Charlotte wants me to see them tomorrow (yes, on a Saturday!) to have a look themselves. It would seem that I have one follicle that has become dominant and is at 23mm, this has them a little concerned so they want to check if it is actually a follicle or a cyst that is growing. Its a long drive very early in the morning on a weekend, but it is great they are keeping a close eye on me.
I have a little concern about OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome) because of the number of follicles I have, OHSS is very bad news... it is fluid from the egg sacs leaking into the abdomen with nowhere to go, it can get into the lungs and make breathing difficult. A bad case scenario would be hospitalization with surgery - worst case is death! I am drinking Gatorade like there is no tomorrow and eating lots & lots of protein since this is known to help prevent OHSS.
So, that is how things are going so far. I will update again tomorrow if there is anything major to know.
Just as an aside - we are always thinking of our family in England, it has been very difficult for all of us and we are going to miss the Captain. Can't wait to be with everyone again soon. xox
No comments:
Post a Comment